Nov 15, 2012

The Short Story Of A Non-believer


For many miles, we travelled, and travelled and travelled. Living in today’s stiff world is not an easy thing to do. In achieving a successful life as a true Muslim, I have travelled my own journey, like everyone else does. Life has been a little rough along the way. Since the first day I saw the world, my family has taught me to live as a proper Muslim. But then I got enrolled into a boarding school somewhere in Seremban. . I did experience many things but most of them are appalling. I overlooked all His obligations. I became such a non-believer towards Allah. But when I was 16, I used to go to Saudi Arabia to perform hajj, which means I have done all the pillars of Islam. Accepted by Him or not, it is just not for us to judge. Frankly speaking, being a "Haji Muda" is a very hard task to fulfil in my life. After I got back from performing my hajj, I want to change so badly. Maybe I am not strong enough in faith to be a true'mukmin'. But believe me, although I am not a very religious person, I still acknowledge the limits and boundaries, and never forget to do the basics.

Living in the boarding school for two years had seriously taught me a lot about life. I used my past experiences to become a better person and motivate myself to the fullest. I love my family. Even though my father is paralyzed half of his body, he still can work. And my mother is the strongest woman that I have ever seen. The most valuable thing I learnt from them is never forget Allah because Allah knows everything. By having a good believe in Him, other things in your life will be worked well. I do not know what will happen to me if my father did not get sick and I think I will keep being the most pampered child in this world. Maybe what have been destined for me is the best of what I am now. You know, there are times in our lives when the journey is as important and meaningful as the destination itself. But for what it is worth, I have come full circle and I am glad it happened.